Sunday 1 February 2015

John Lennon - Watching The Wheels



I ,WISH,I, COULD, PLAY, THE PIANO..
I'M, JUST, A JEALOUS GUY..
I,GUESS

The acceptance of an essential loneliness in the human condition is a characteristic of the Buddhist meditator. It is a loneliness that we recognise in others, too:
The scarecrow in the distance;
it walked with me
as I walked
(San-in)
The long night –
made longer
by a dog’s barking
(Santoka, trans. Stevens)
An octopus pot –
inside, a short-lived dream
under the summer moon
(Basho, trans.Ueda)
To Basho the road was not just a literary or religious metaphor. He was a traveller, walking the open road on journeys the length and breadth of Japan. In the twentieth century another Zen Buddhist haiku poet followed in his footsteps. Santoka Taneda lived as a wandering mendicant monk, a 'gentleman of the road.' For him the lonely path was a daily reality:
There is nothing else I can do;
I walk on and on.
(Santoka, trans. Stevens)

No comments:

Sad Eyes - Robert John HD (1080p)

                           sigh...