Sunday 2 June 2013

Formal Logic, Lesson 2

The Card Trick
I ask Alex to pick any 5 cards out of a deck with no Jokers.
He can inspect then shuffle the deck before picking any five cards.
 He picks out 5 cards then hands them to me (Peter can't see any of this).
 I look at the cards and I pick 1 card out and give it back to Alex.
 I then arrange the other four cards in a special way, and give those 4 cards all face down, and in a neat pile, to Peter.
Peter looks at the 4 cards I gave him, and says out loud which card Alex is holding (suit and number). How?
The solution uses pure logic, not sleight of hand.

 All Peter needs to know is the order of the cards and what is on their face, nothing more.

SOLUTION;

NOW, BEFORE, YOU CLICK, THAT LINK, WHAT? IS, GOING, ON, IN ,YOUR, HEAD?
POST ANSWERS BELOW...




SMASH DOWN! THE WALL!

No comments:

Sad Eyes - Robert John HD (1080p)

                           sigh...